Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Aug 1998 10:43:54 -0300
From:         Gaelen Gallashant <gaelen@NETTAXI.COM>
Subject:      Fuel Mixture????
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

I have just place a new Re-built engine into my 85 Crew and found that I am not well rehersed in the art of fine tunning. I am running very rich now and want to find out how to set the fuel mixture Co content.... without all the fancy tools. My engine is blowing black and smelling of gas from the tail pipe! I think my o2 sensor is working but not sure. Also I have noticed a small ticking from the pushrods and want to know if that is because it is brand new or should I get in there and adjust the lifters???

Thanks Gaelen

[text/html]