Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Aug 1998 16:17:38 -0700
From:         harald_nancy <harald_nancy@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: HOGS/DOGS/VW VAN HUNT!!!
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

In defense of the raccoons: I remember camping in my vanagon at a state park in FL, and a couple of raccoons came up to my westy. They were very amiable, and would give me that puppy dog look. When I would give them a little tidbit of food, they would take it with their little handlike forefeet, and eat it, just like a little human. Seemed quite intelligent. They kept me company for several days, and it was one of the more enjoyable experience of camping in Florida. Of course, I have never been overrun by raccoons either. Harald '90 westy

Robert A. Alexander wrote: > VANAGONEERS > > As President of the North Hamilton County HE-COON Association, I wanted > to invite those of you who have a penchant for the bizarre/unusual to > our 10th annual HOGS/DOGS/VW VAN HUNT! > > Coons have just about over-run the north end of our county, so this > years' event should be special! > > The usual awards will be given for: > > Best Outfit - Best coon-skin accouterments with coon-tail decorative > detail. > Best Coon Van - Be imaginative! Last year's winner got it with that > plush looking coon upholstery! > Best Coon-Dog Box On/In A VW Van > Sympathy Award - Worst case story of one of ours who's ex kept his > favorite coon-dog as part of the divorce decree > Coon Count - Need I explain?