Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 28 Aug 1998 20:01:44 -0400
From:         Martin Jagersand <jag@CS.ROCHESTER.EDU>
Subject:      Re: diesel engine
Comments: To: bursa@intekom.co.za, vwdiesel.pas.rochester.edu@cs.rochester.edu,
          vanagon@vanagon.com

I'm not in the business of selling engines. However I'm converting my own VW bus to a 1.9l turbo diesel engine. I bought that engine here in the US for just less than USD3000.

Since you already have the 5cyl you probably want the 5cyl TDI. That you have to buy from Germany. They are not sold here. On the German market.Expect to pay DM 3500 for a good used one from a wrecked car.

To get contacts I suggest that you subscribe to the VW diesel and the VW Vanagon mailing lists. Most of the members are in the US, but there are several Germans (and other Europeans) as well. They can perhaps help you with the contacts you need. I'm CC:ing this post to the lists to see if anyone have other tips for you.

Good luck, Martin -- Martin Jagersand email: jag@cs.yale.edu Computer Science Department jag@cs.rochester.edu Yale University

Slow down and visit the VW diesel Westy page: WWW: http://www.cs.rochester.edu/u/jag/vw -------------------------------------------------------------------

From: "bursa" <bursa@intekom.co.za> Date: Thu, 27 Aug 1998 23:20:25 +0200 X-MSMail-Priority: Normal X-Priority: 3 X-Mailer: Microsoft Internet Mail 4.70.1155 MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit

Hi iam from south africa we are using here only petrol vw engines i l have 1995 vw microbus with 5cyl 2.3 petrol engine about 90kw uses 17 litre of petrol distance of 100 km i would like to replace my engine to diesel one 1.9 tdi or 2.5 tdi i would like your idea and price of complete engine from you. my mail adres bursa@intekom.co.za yours faithfully Erdogan Yucel South Africa