Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 30 Aug 1998 11:58:58 -0600
From:         BILL <billv2@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      UTAH Listmembers--Thanks
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I would like to thank all the Utah listmembers who responded to my post a couple of weeks ago. The response was OVERWHELMING! I never thought that so many of you would be willing to take the time to go look at a van for me and check it out.

I especially would like to thank Gary Shea. He helped me to find the deal of a lifetime. He steered me away from an 81 that could have been very expensive to fix and they wanted too much for it. So in an attempt to find another, lead me to an 82 Ca Westy, one family owner, with only 64,100 miles. He went out of his way to "inspect" this van for me spending hours of his Saturday. He has bent over backwards to help me in this van purchase. I am very grateful. THANK YOU.

I was in need of an "escape pod" thus the name, Free Bird. Ya see I work for Satan (City of Billings). Harsh words, but true. This past year my employer changed their policy and tell me they "own" me. Yes, that's 24hrs/day, 7-days a week. In the past couple of months, my youngest daughter, age 8, has been very ill. We have to keep taking her to the emergency room at one of our local hospitals because her breathing is very labored--can't breathe. While she is undergoing numerous tests, her condition has improved somewhat. Since my wife also works evenings and weekends its hard for her to spend any time with them, (I have two little girls ages 8 & 10). Anyway, my employer has told me they "don't give a damn about my family" and when they call me, I'd better respond within x minutes requardless of my family emergencies. No, my job is not that vital that I have to even be "on call". I'm not telling you the half of it. So if I seem alittle negative, it's the stress. Back to the Westy....I enjoy backpacking and tent camping, but do to my work situation, I don't have the time. So the Westy is going to allow me to "get away", even if it's for only ONE night. Thus the name Free Bird (Lynyrd Skynyrd) And, YES, I am looking for employment as far away as possible from Bastard (Billings), MT.

Bill '85 GL [*Magic*Bus*] '82 Ca. Westy [*Free*Bird*]?????? Big Sky Country