Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Sep 1998 13:35:44 -0500
From:         Mark Mages <mmages@GIE.COM>
Subject:      Re: pop-top seal
Comments: To: "Henning, Eric" <Eric.Henning@BAILEY.COM>
Comments: cc: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Eric I would be a little concerned to use the rear seeal material on the front piece. The luggage rack (front sec.) has holes drilled into it to alow water to drain out of the L.R. area when it rains. If you replaced this flat seal with the thicker seal from the rear, it might seal that section, not letting the water drain to the front, and potentially it could drain back through the rear INTO the westy. I would stick with the standard type of seal. I used the BusDepot seal on the front of mine, and it works fine.

what kind of "emissions pass stuff" did you use? I am going to have to get mine done soon (already overdue) and one guy I talked to said he has had to fail 4 out of the 6 vanagons he has seen this year. (needless to say I am not taking it to his shop, but....)