Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Sep 1998 17:01:47 -0400
From:         Bill Knight <bill@NS.ESC.STATE.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: Lifter removal
Comments: To: Vanagon@vanagon.com

You shouldn't need to pull the engine. Make a tool with some stiff wire with a small hook on the end, then snag the lifter and pull it out. It may have some resistance if the bore is hacked up, but it will come out. Then it's just a matter of slipping a new one in (soak the new one in oil overnight first). You will need one of those spring loaded pushrod tubes to replace the old one as well.

Bill Knight Raleigh, NC