Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Sep 1998 07:44:09 -0700
From:         Chris & Aimee Uzzi <uzzi@AIMNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Changes @ Volks-Motorsports and pice info.
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

i will vouch for the integrity of both the parts and service that volks-motorsports (kyle) provide. my '72 westy, all 3 of my bugs, my squareback, and now my '90 westy has seen and will continue to see no one else. i have found when prices are competitive kyle will go the extra mile to make a deal suitable for both parties. so when calling... if at first you don't succeed, try again... it will be worth your while.

keep up the good work kyle!

chris

At 07:20 AM 9/10/98 -0700, vwmaster@VOLKS-MOTORSPORTS.COM wrote: >Listees, > > Many things are appearant from discussion both on the List and with >people I deal with via e-mail and the phone. > > Some people are doing business with people other than myself due to >my prices. I realize that some of my prices are higher than others, and >I'm prepared to work with anyone that has been quotes a lower price on >parts and wants to see if I can meet that price or beat that price. > > My web site is under a major re-construction and I should start showing >the changes within the week. > > I only show a few items on the web site, it would be near impossible >to show the Whole inventory we have. > > For those of you who are Not familiar with what Volks-Motorsports >really is continue to read; > > We are a Repair Shop as well as a Parts Store. The inventory in house >is larger than most wherehouses'. I usually have the item in stock. If >I don't my suppliers deliver to me 3 times a day. If you call me before >2:00 PST and I have it in stock it will go out the same day. > > I am a 1 man operation as other vendors, the shop is LARGE. My phone >will only reach so far so if you call and I don't pick up, leave a >message! I return calls promptly. > > E-mail- I return e-mail PROMPTLY, sure I may not be seeing the volume >others are seeing, but I used to see this volume and I returned e-mail >quickly. > > I'm putting this info out there because many don't know the Scope of >our shop. I have 5 fulltime VW Techs to draw info from. We sevrice >more VW's in our town than the Dealer does. > > Many times a customer will call asking for a part and I ask them a >few questions about how they came to this conclusion and I'll end up >selling them a totally different part than they called for and the part >I sold them WAS what they needed. > > Some don't realize how long I've been playing with VW's. I'm 33 and >when I was born my Mother drove a Notchback. We've always had Vw's and >I was tuning them up when I was 12. The wealth of knowlegde surrounding >me alone is immense, let alone what I know. > > I'm posting this for a few reasons, I've seen complaining about e-mail >response from other parts sources, price complaints from a few of the >people I deal with, and just to let all of you know that I started this >to HELP the Listees out. I NEVER knew what it would turn out to being >and the amount of hours and work it has turned out to be. Doing this >type of work is tough, if any of you knew how much time and energy goes >into making sure that the customer gets the right part at the right >price in time you might understand. > > > Let me know if I can be of assistace to any one of you with parts or >answers? > > Kyle > > >-- > > Kyle Wade (408) 426-1431 OR (408) 429-9424 > Keeper of the Volks-Motorsports page > Home Page - http://www.volks-motorsports.com > ICQ # 3882975 >