Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:37:00 -0400
From:         Derek Drew <drew@INTERPORT.NET>
Subject:      How To Get Fatherland "Vanagon" Lists delivered here in English
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Harry offered up the following two european "vanagon"-type lists at:

http://www.parsimony.net/forum/forum165/

and

http://home.t-online.de/home/sr-spiegel-und-glas/t3.htm

Unfortunately, they are mostly in German but all is not lost.

You can read these lists in English by going to http://babelfish.altavista.digital.com/cgi-bin/translate? and then entering the URLS above. Then, you can read in English to your heart's content what they are saying over there. The only thing is that you are reading a machine translation, so you get some weird translations.

I believe it is technically possible to cause robots to pick up, translate to english, and post to our list the contents of these other two lists. The postings in these other two lists are likely valuable enough to make such an endeavor of great benefit to the Vanagon owners (and mandkind) generally. If I had the time, I would make this happen but unfortunately I do not have the time for it. I realize there is a small matter of getting permission for this to happen, but I believe such permission would likely be obtainable, or the deed could simply be undertaken without asking and we'd wait and see what happens.

To really understand this post, you need to get with overall concept: "Vanagons Of The World Unite!" or something to that effect.

They refer to us as T3 owners, but we think of ourselves as Type 2 here. Tom N. Mr. 16" fame previously explained the discrepancy on this list. ________________________________________________________ Derek Drew New York, NY & Washington, DC drew@interport.net '90 Syncro Westfalia... ...seen off-road at http://www.tiu.net/~des/vw/drew/index.html

Also seen at: http://www.pipeline.com/~tforhan/swrange.htm http://4wd.sofcom.com/VW/snow.html http://www.pipeline.com/~tforhan/swmassn.htm http://4wd.sofcom.com/VW/Campers/Campers.html

Note: most valuable Vanagon sites on the planet (for owners) are: http://gerry.vanagon.com/cgi-bin/wa.exe?S1=vanagon ftp://gerry.vanagon.com/pub/