Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 31 Aug 1998 23:30:29 -0400
From:         Dan Burgos <dburgos@ACSU.BUFFALO.EDU>
Subject:      Need help w/'81 Westy rear hatch lock
Comments: To: vanagon listserv <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Hello everyone, I have a 1981 Westy with a stuck rear hatch lock. It used to work, but one day the key just wouldn't turn. I've spayed WD-40 numerous times, but still it would not turn. I even spent $20.00 to have my locks re-keyed to the original code...now my new key works great in all the locks except that pesky rear hatch lock! Does anyone have any suggestions? If I have to get a new lock I will, but I'd like to inspect my current lock...it could just be a stuck pin or something in the lock. How do I get the lock out? Unfortunatley, the rear hatch is closed and locked. There's gotta be a way to get at the lock from the inside. would someone please describe this procedure or any other procedure for getting my rear hatch open so I can inspect the lock.