Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Sep 1998 14:20:50 -0400
From:         Patrick Hatcher <phatcher@BIOPOP.COM>
Subject:      FS:  84 Vanagon (not my van) $1,800
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

TO: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Voks,

I saw an '84 Vanagon FS at a small local used auto dealership--Autos Unlimited--in Radford, Virginia (I have no connection to them).

Here are the details gathered:

132,966 K $1,800 Wasserboxer Manual Tranny Color: Red bottom & white top (original paint--really good shape--garage kept?). Interior brown/tan Seats, driv/pass: fair (pass is torn pretty well in front w/some cuts, driv. is just worn). 2 bench seats: very good. Headliner: white, very good. Alpine Cassette player & speakers No rust other than rear right wheel well (see below) Needs a good clean up.

downside:

1 1/2 foot crack along base of windshield crossing driver's side wiper blade. Rear right wheel well did battle with a pole (not bad, a little rust from damage) Small dent (no rust--can be pulled) on left rocker panel.

Drove and shifted smooth and solid. Fuel gage read way empty at startup, so I put $2 gas in. Gage still read way empty when I returned (gage broken?) Engine was dirty, but I couldn't detect any coolant on the white gravel parking lot.

One interesting thing: I opened the coolant refill tank to see what color the coolant was. It was _murky_ with a tint of green. (Could it have been a mix of non phos. and reg. antifreeze?)

Situation (as told by dealership guy):

1 owner, van is being sold as part of a divorce settlement. Was reportedly serviced religiously at The Bug Shop in Blacksburg, VA. The dealership guy told me that the folks at TBS knew this van and could attest to any work done on the van. Current battery doesn't fit under pass. seat (new one on the way says dealer).

If anyone is interested, p-mail me and I can go take a picture or get other details.

-Patrick

'85 Westy Vicki