Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Sep 1998 10:00:38 -0700
From:         Terry Buchanan <tbuchana@XYLAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Whole Being Festival
Comments: To: S_J_ WACKER <s_j_wacker@juno.com>, vanagon@vanagon.com

Hello Steve and Jo,

Sorry for not replying in time to give you the information about this year's Whole Being festival. Unfortunately work is my only source for email right now, and my only source of transportation had a major break down last week, so I was unable to make it to work on Thursday or Friday. (Do Toyotas have the "Karma" thing too? It knows I'm looking for a Vanagon I think!). I really should have planned on putting more thur-oh information about this event sooner.

This was a great event. I would really encourage everyone to try and make it to this event next year. I think they may even have one in the winter too. I met many new, very cool people this year, in addition to spending time with all the friends I made last year. Many of the people attended this event are also regular travelers to events such as "Burning Man" and the "Rainbow Festival".

I even met this one woman that's been working on her own VW Buses, as well as everyone else's around her, since the 60's. She said that one of the reasons the wasserboxes have so much problems with their heads is from not using the factory coolant. Something about phosphates she thinks.

She also mentioned something about a big Grateful Dead type of weekend-long concert happening in a couple of weeks in Canyon Country, (which is near Newhall, north of Los Angeles). She said it isn't something that is advertised, but you can get tickets from Ticketmaster. I'll have to look into this and get everyone more info.

Also, I had my truck repaired by a VW shop in Venice called "Wabbit Wepair". The mechanic that repaired my truck was super cool, as well as was the manager. They found a few minor things, but I ended up needed my whole carburetor repaired, and since I have over 253K miles on my truck, I was concerned about having to foot the cost of rebuilding and it still not working, so he gave me the name of a good shop near by that does nothing but rebuild carburetors.

The Wabbit Wepair shop was fast and courteous, but somewhat expensive, and NOT willing to negotiate! Oh well.

That's all for now, Terry

S_J_ WACKER wrote:

> Yes, more info please. > > Steve and Jo Ann Wacker > San Marcos, Ca. > 90 Carat > 86 Syncro x two > 86 Audi 5000 CS Quattro > > _____________________________________________________________________ > You don't need to buy Internet access to use free Internet e-mail. > Get completely free e-mail from Juno at http://www.juno.com > Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

-- "Even the longest journey begins with one step." - Old Buddhist Proverb