Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Sep 1998 16:48:13 -0400
From:         Wil Haslup <dhaslup@EROLS.COM>
Subject:      Re: . ReKEYing doors?
Comments: To: Vanagon List <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Hello Woodcock,

On 14-Sep-98, Woodcock, Frank wrote: (ed...)

> There is a small pin that you need to drive out with a tiny drift (or > carefully tap with a drill)

I've heard from others that this is an allen screw though very small.

Just got a look at it and I don't see any screw...

When you put it back together I assume you have to put a pin back in to hold it together?

(ed...)

>> Also, the handle on the sliding door was missing its gasket...kind of loose > and >> floppy because of this...anyone know of a source for such gaskets? I'm >> planning on repainting so I may want the whole set to replace all of them.

> The gasket on the outside of the van is made of black rubber about a > quarter of an inch thick. > You could make a temporary one out of any scrap engine mounting rubber > cut to size and to make it look good, use a new ignition lead air seal > on the outside.

Thought of that...probably will do that until...?

Wanted to know if anyone knew where to get the set after I paint.

Regards --

-- Wil

Always remember that you are unique. Just like everyone else.