Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 14 Sep 1998 11:01:57 -0500
From:         Mike Lutomski <lutomski@CONCENTRIC.NET>
Subject:      85 Parts needed - handles and more
Comments: To: Vanagon List <Vanagon@GERRY.SDSC.EDU>

If there a few of you who remember my last posting close to a year ago... here is the update.

Me and my 85 Westfalia made it back to Houston, TX from Moscow Russia in one piece. But I still have not found a replacement for my door handle since I broke it off two winters ago in -26C weather (but I am real good at opening the passenger door and opening from the inside, while standing on the outside). My wife had a few accidents in Moscow, but she managed only to break the plastic bumper cover off. One accident involved a Mercedes 600 which was not so lucky, the other with a Lada that crushed like an aluminum can. My van must have a guardian angel. (no I don't have brush guards, ...yet).

Anyways....

------

I need for my '85:

1. Door handle for sliding door (this is the shorter stubby model) 2. Handle for front window crank (with screw and plastic cover is possible) 3. Two rear shocks for extra heavy gate (What do they put in these gates? My 82 gate was about half the weight) 4. Front right bumper cover (I think same as rear left ?? ) 5. Plastic bubble sunroof/vent thing.

6. Someone to recommend to me how to replace all my locks (they all rusted on the way back over the ocean.)

Nice to have list: 6. Two Cup holders (low priority, but my kids love to play with them, and break them). 7. Two front speaker for the front door (just in case someone wants to give me a package deal) 8. Brush guards like those rich people who drive Range Rovers (and Chevy pick-ups)

Thanks,

Mike 281-244-8181 lutomski@concentric.net

[text/html]