Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Sep 1998 08:50:36 EDT
From:         GMBulley@AOL.COM
Subject:      Re: Fwd & Reply: Don't sweat--Re: Vanagon List - Help!!!!
Comments: To: inua@quicklink.net, vanagon@vanagon.com

In a message dated 9/1/98 11:34:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time, inua@quicklink.net writes:

<< Thanks for the offer of the list info. My '85 is in the shop for Tranny work . Machined the flywheel, new Sachs clutch plate and pressure plate, new pilot bearing and pilot shaft, "New" as in "Brand New" tranny case ( got a deal throught Todd Hill @ Volkswerks), used serviceable clutch housing, new seals. Inner works was in really good shape. So just put it back together. Lubed all C/V's. Should be a while before I need anything more in that department. Next comes brakes all the way around, Cat converter, muffler, tailpipe. >>

Sounds Super-- I have yet to have any serious tranny trouble. The diff. bearings on my Jetta are loose, (can't be adjusted, THANKS VW!), but other than that, smooth shifting.

We are excited because we FINALLY bought a Westy. You may recall, my wife talked me out of a Westy last year and we instead poured (litterally) thousands of dollars into restoring a 1976 loaf, which I loathed, and she liked...now, the loaf is restored, and she changed her mind, and wants the Westy. Yeah! (Wish she could have come to that decision last year in June. :(

It is a pristene 1982, one owner, (litterally a little "old" lady), who took it to Europe a few times, with her kids. Otherwise had it in her garage except for "running it every few weeks to keep it's blood flowing". It is litterally like new, even the fiberglass top still has a little shine to it.. White with Tan interior. 90k, had it rebuilt about 10k ago. Runs great, spotlessly clean, $4,200. :) !!!

Now say a prayer we can sell the loaf. Hadn't planned on buying anything major right now and need to keep the cash flow positive! Bummer about the list is I posted the sales info last night, nothing this a.m. Wasssupwiddat?

have a great day, with or without the list, :)

gmbulley cary, nc