Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Sep 1998 03:50:39 -0400
From:         Mike Ray <Mike.Ray@AMMOBILE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Rough idle, coil question??
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

How hot should the coil be on a 2.1l? While driving cross country, the motor would, on occasion, hesitate under light acceleration or deceleration. I couldn't find a pattern to when it did it. altitude didn't help at all however. I changed fuel filter, cap, rotor, and added injector cleaner along the way to no avail. I dropped the cat and that also didn't help. I'm new to VW motors and the Bentley didn't give any hints right off the bat. Because it is so sparatic, I not sure where to look. Is there a BAP sensor on the motor?

OK, back to the coil. I thought maybe the hesitation was caused by a misfire. I felt the coil and it was really hot. Much more so than the Fords I'm used to. I checked the impedance and voltage on the coil and both checked ok. I picked up a spare coil just in case but haven't put it on yet. Just wondering what you folks think.

Mike `87 Westy