Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:25:19 -0500
From:         "Roy O." <keepsake@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Fw:      one year anniv.
Comments: To: Vanagon List <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Glad you had a good year and are happy with your vehicle, Eric! But let's not mislead any Vanagon wannabees...these vehicles can be absolute nightmares! In spite of following the manufacturers suggested maintenance schedule religiously, my vehicle has eaten up a lot of my finances in the past eleven years just to keep it on the road. It has left my family and I stranded so many times, my eight year old daughter continually questions our decision to take the van anywhere. These vehicles are great "handyman specials" which can bankrupt owners who are not mechanically inclined. When the van is running a-ok, travelling, hauling and camping in it is "heaven" but when it's repair time, it's "hell". The only reason I'm on this list is to make the "hell" more bearable.

Roy O. '87 Westfalia (till death us do part)

From: Henning, Eric <Eric.Henning@BAILEY.COM> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Wednesday, September 16, 1998 1:25 PM Subject: one year anniv.