Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Sep 1998 11:43:46 -0700
From:         Malcolm Holser <mholser@ADOBE.COM>
Subject:      Re: heater booster
Comments: To: mac stricklen <mac_stricklen@YAHOO.COM>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Remove it!! Today!! These things are dangerous! Pack all the bits into a nice box and send it to me for proper disposal (under the floor of my Westy). You will not be sorry (well, at least _I_ won't be sorry, you might be).

These things are not all that complex, but are tempermental, There are some folks that specialize in them, but your Bentley has good instructions. One thing extra you should do is to take the unit out, block off the ends tightly and make sure there are no leaks between the combustion chamber and the air passage. CO in your closed van makes DRL issues seem really silly (actually, your dimming vision will dim all those pesky lights behind you...). If everything is up to snuff, these are safe and *really* warm.

Malcolm

At 11:08 AM 9/17/98 , mac stricklen wrote: >JordanVw@AOL.COM wrote: > >> eberspacher BA6 gas heater. >> operated by the little green "temp" timer knob on the dash. >> would reccomend a complete tuneup, before attempt at operation of >the unit... >> > > >What would that tuneup entail? > >I recently bought a Westy with one of these on it and I"m scared of >it. What the lowdown on these things? What should I do with/ about >it. What do I need to do to use it safely? Should I just not use it? > Should I actually remove it? > >mac >_________________________________________________________ >DO YOU YAHOO!? >Get your free @yahoo.com address at http://mail.yahoo.com >