Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Sep 1998 21:40:16 -0400
From:         Robert Rountree <rountree@PLANETEER.COM>
Subject:      DRL & Air bags
Comments: To: Vanagon Mailing Lis <Vanagon@vanagon.com>

I wanted to stay out of this one but hey..... I live in Canada so here's the way I see it... Plus's....DRL let you know that a vehicle has it's motor running... might not be moving yet... but it's got the potential... keep an eye on it... It helps let you know where things are in poorer visibility conditions..(this is where many states have Ontario beat...it's not the law to have your lights on in the rain here)...fog, blowing snow, rain... sure makes running safer... but you still see older vehicles gray in color, no lights, on a really gray day, girls got a coffee in one hand, a comb in the other, trying to get to work in a hurry... I say, you still see them... that's if your lucky.... Now what I don't like about their system is..... when you just have the DRL's on... the TAIL Lights are NOT on... and I find these bozo's tend not to turn there regular lights on until it's DARK... and more than a few times in blowing snow and rainy gray conditions... I've almost driven right up the back side of a few of those jokers... Now the rest of this so called safety equipment, airbags, heavier & heavier bodies... all kinds of expensive extras... Sure did Princess Di a lot of good eh?... every time I see footage of regular people all piled into and riding in the back or some truck in China or SA... I think... wonder if that drives GM crazy...not being able to make those folks pay out the nose for their extras... It's funny but I don't remember anybody complaining when we all use to pile into my 66 Bug (in 1966) and I don't think it even had seatbelts....to bad there's not another vehicle like that and you could sign a waiver saying... I'll take my chances...Now quite trying to find more ways to rip me off.

Rob 87 Westy SycnroGL...Cynosure

rountree@planeteer.com