Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Sep 1998 08:34:34 -0400
From:         Robert Rountree <rountree@PLANETEER.COM>
Subject:      Re: Louvered camper windows
Comments: To: Vanagon Mailing Lis <Vanagon@vanagon.com>

Tell me about it..... Boy do I every miss the jalousie windows I had on my 78 Westy... the sliders are a lot more quite on the road & leak a lot less heat in the winter (I live in CDN) ...the 78 had twice the volume of opening...another hassle (which I've made a cure for) is when it's warm & raining and you want some ventilation, it rains in those windows, when they are open... the fix I made... is a plastic awning that hangs on the rain gutter over the window then folds flat and stores away.... as for a retro fit... anything can be done.. but I think the hole in the doors the windows goes in are different sizes & that means you have to get into some messy work welding in filler strips and the body work required to make them, finish up like they belonged. But I'm open to suggestions on this one also... I like the awning type windows on the EV... for being able to have them open in the rain.. that's the kind I built into my house. Cheers Rob 87 Westy SyncroGL... Cynosure

---------- From: Bob McMain <RdRunr@ZIANET.COM> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM Subject: Louvered camper windows Date: Tuesday, September 15, 1998 1:06 AM

Anyone know whether you can retrofit an 87 Westie with louvered windows (like the 68-79 campers had) instead of the poor ventilation stock sliding type??

Bob 87 Syncro Westie