Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Sep 1998 12:51:33 EDT
From:         Doug Smith <DKSandA@AOL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Fw:      one year anniv.
Comments: To: keepsake@PANGEA.CA, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I will second Roy. Os comments. My 84 Westy is just great when it is running and does not need repair. But since buying it a year ago it has cost me over $10,000 just to keep it on the road. With repairs including head gaskets, rebuilt tranny, new upper control arms, new strut arm bushings, new water pump, new starter motor, new clutch master and slave cylinders, new calipers and brake cylinders, pop top seals, luggage rack seals, used intake air distributor, new upper ball joints, new sink drain P trap and thru floor fitting, new windshield and weatherstripping, new weatherstripping all around for driver side door windows, used metal radiator pipes from the engine to the radiator, new tranny shift levers, and I am sure there are some that I have forgotten to mention. All in just one year. I really wonder about my sanity in keeping this vehicle. I know whoever gets it next will get the deal of a lifetime. It will be mostly new parts by then.

Doug Smith 84 Westy Cambridge, MA