Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 1998 09:04:36 -0700
From:         Terry Buchanan <tbuchana@XYLAN.COM>
Subject:      Re: 1990 Vanagon FS in N. Cal,
              Contacting Terry A. Buchanan to Look at
Comments: To: martywallace@ROCKETMAIL.COM, vanagon@vanagon.com

Sorry about that Marty.

I just found out this morning that our mail administrator blocks all mail from the Rocketmail and Hotmail sites. He considers them to be known spam sites. Although I do have a personal email address also, I try not to use it here at work during the weekdays . It's real hard to pull up AOL here at work and actually try to convince anyone walking by, (i.e. my boss), that I'm actually working on something related to work! Much easier for me to use the same email address I use for work to send to the "list". Especially since I spend half my day staring at this god-forsaken computer screen sending and responding email for work related duties anyways. If you wish to contact me though, my personal address is tabuchanan@aol.com

As far as the van is concern, it is located in Hayward. I received an email from someone this morning that said he thinks he's already seen this one. He didn't even bother to test drive it because the interior looked so bad. The fact that he's got seven kids may possibly have something to do with it??

Pasted below is the email message he sent me:

Subject: 90 Vanagon, N. Cal, $15,800 Date: Wed, 23 Sep 1998 08:11:00 -0700 From: "Nguyen, Tien" <tien.nguyen@lamrc.com> To: "'marty'" <martywallace@rocketmail.com>, "'terry'" <tbuchana@xylan.com>

Hi guys, I am not on the Vanagon list but I check the list more often. I have 84 vanagon and want to look for a newer one. Sound like the van I already took a look three months ago on auto dealer lot if the area code is 510. It is dark blue, poptop..., it doesn't have fridge, sink, and stove. Interior has some damage on seat (tore and stain) the owner said he has 7 kids, so inside is not very good condition nor well taking care of. Due to interior is not impressed so I did not take a test drive. I live

nearby the dealership lot so if you need more info I can recheck. Best regards Tien Nguyen (510) 572-8868 tien.nguyen@lamrc.com

Thanx, Terry

>I sent an e-mail to Terry* (tbuchana@xylan.com) to offer to possibly look >at this Vanagon for him, but my message bounced back (rejected as >spam). > >If anyone else learns the location of this Vanagon, let me know. > >Marty Wallace (1984 Westfalia) >Chico, California >

[text/html]