Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 1998 19:58:28 -0400
From:         Perkins <dad@TOGETHER.NET>
Subject:      Shifting problems solved - thanks Busdepot

Hi For the last six months I have been having intermittent problems putting my 85 crew cab into first. I adjusted ad infinitum. It would work for a while and then I'd pull up to a stop sign with a log truck behind me and it wouldn't go into first. I changed the clutch master and slave - no success. I developed a method of pushing the shifter down (like reverse) and was finally able to get into first most times. In desperation I ordered all the little shifter parts shown in the Bently. Ron at Busdepot took the time to look them all up (8 items). The total cost was under 40$. Now when I brake at an stop sign I have the confidence that I will be smoothly leaving the intersection. Thanks Ron. If you have a similar problem here's what you need: 823 711 255 171 711 279 X2 823 711 199 823 711 643A 171 711 227A 171 711 107A 251 711 645

Good Luck Lloyd