Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 23 Sep 1998 18:25:40 -0700
From:         David Price <dprice@GREP.NET>
Subject:      Re: Which 15" steel wheels will fit a Vanagon?
Comments: To: Vanagon@vanagon.com

I run 215/70R15s BFG Rain,Mud,Snow on my 87 syncro westy, had to just barely clip the rear part of the front wheel wells, put the little stock mud flap back in the cut out part, looks factory! The rims are custom white baja spoke heavy duty steel trailer wheels drilled for 115mm/5 bolt pattern (mercedes, audi, LMB's) costs are 85.00 each. Email me for details.

At 05:47 PM 9/23/98 -0700, you wrote: >I think everyone on the list will shoot you down for using Audi 15" wheels, >but I know three people who use 215/70R15s on their syncros using 15x6" >Audi wheels. Yes the offset puts the wheel about 1cm closer to the >inside, but they have never found any problems with this. The 215mm wide >tires will also assist you if you are concerned about the offset.