Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:01:29 -0500
From:         "Roy O." <keepsake@PANGEA.CA>
Subject:      Fw:      Re: Nuts and Braces
Comments: To: Vanagon List <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

It was necessary to destroy one of the rusted out muffler braces (left side also, coincidence or what?) on my '87 in order to replace the corroded muffler. Because of the obscene VW replacement cost for this brace I chose an alternate route for replacement as well. A local metal fabricating shop duplicated the brace using the remaining one as a template. I then got the fabricated one galvanized locally. When the smoke finally cleared, the total cost to me was just under $60 Cdn (compared to about $150 Cdn for VW parts).

Gosh, aren't we Vanagoneers resourceful creatures?!

Roy O. '87 Westfalia (till death us do part)