Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Sep 1998 12:00:21 EST
From:         David Beierl <dbeierl@IBM.NET>
Subject:      Re: 84 Westy: Silly Camper Questions
Comments: To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

** Reply to message from Douglas Holschuh <verb@TCA.NET> on Thu, 24 Sep 1998 09:09:09 -0500

> First, there are the 2 tables. When they are not set up where do they go?

Either the large or the small table will stow on the rear arm, swung back over the locker lids. The large one only fits one way. Make sure the clamp holding the table to the arm is *tight* or you will get the oddest rattles... also helps if the table is not quite touching the wall. I stow the large table at the very rear of the popup, aft of the doubled-up mattress pad, and the small one by the lockers.

> Second, I'm missing a fire extinguisher. Is there a specific place that this > went originally (behind the passenger seat, under the cabinet)?

On the wall just forward of the sliding door, touching the floor. > > Vanagon Owner's Manual). Does anyone have an 84 Westy manual that

I have manuals for the Camper, the stove, and the reefer. I'll scratch my head about how to get them to you. Do you have fax? We're talking about possibly as much as 50 pages -- s-mail might actually be best.

Regards, david

PS -- gratuitous advice -- If you have the gas reefer, check under the LP tank. On mine the certification label was tack-welded on the bottom where it was purely bound to collect water and rust the tank. I had to take off my tank, yank the label which was anyway no longer readable, sandblast and repaint. A trifle tedious, but not difficult, the tank is on with 4 bolts plus the plumbing. Speaking of which, it's about time for your LP regulator to die. It's by Marshall Brass, they quit making it about 3 years ago -- I can show you a way to adapt the current model to fit/be reasonably protected.

Also, the gas model has a secret compartment under the driver's seat where the second battery would live in the electric model. The manual doesn't mention it...

dgb

David Beierl <dbeierl@ibm.net> 401 274-5827 voice, -6349 fax OS/2 V4, FP7, JVM 1.1.6, JSM 98.6.3