Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 26 Sep 1998 09:25:08 -0100
From:         The Bus Depot <ron@NETCARRIER.COM>
Subject:      Preparing for New Web Site
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com, type2@type2.com, vintagebus@type2.com

http://www.busdepot.com may be intermittantly down, or have strange or incomplete contents, during this weekend, as we are preparing a changeover to the new website.

The first version of the new site should be up sometime on Monday. This will have about 4000 of the most popular bus/vanagon items categorized by part type and vehicle application (and fully searchable), with another 6000 or so (including the entire Bosch catalog) accessable only via a part number search (you would have to know the part number). A shopping cart and secure order form will be added later next week. In November, another 5000 or so items will be added, and the site will be "dressed up" with pretty graphics, jpgs of some of the parts, etc. In the meantime, the graphics will be very rudimentary but functional for the purposes of finding and ordering what you want (the emphasis being on informational, not pretty). In time I'll "glossy it up" but right off the bat it will have far more useful info than any other parts site on the net.

I'll let you know as soon as you can point your brower to the new site! There will be a number of specials that I've been stockpiling to celebrate the introduction of the new site, which will be on the Bargains page, and/or on the List Members page if that page is up again right away. In the event that the Vanagon list is down for maintenance when I announce the new site, try it Monday evening if you're curious.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot http://www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW