Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Sep 1998 00:52:25 -0700
From:         Marty Wallace <martywallace@ROCKETMAIL.COM>
Subject:      No Comprehensive Insurance - Sorry, It's YOUR Fault
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com
Comments: cc: arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM

I have to agree with Alan.

I'm terribly sorry that you incurred this tragedy, but I can't accept the idea that anyone else has to bear the brunt of this because the person suffering the loss did NOT buy insurance. In my humble opinion, accidents HAPPEN, despite the best efforts of competent parties.

I suspect that this legal action drives up the cost for everyone involved; ironically, it probably has a bigger economic impact than if the insurance company simply paid a claim.

My (sleepy) two cents worth.

Marty Wallace (1984 Westfalia - FULLY insured) Chico, California

------------------------------------------------------------ Date: Fri, 25 Sep 1998 13:52:17 -0500 From: Alan Bosch <arbosch@RA.ROCKWELL.COM> Subject: Re: Added fire protection over engine c

<snip> I didn't have have comprehensive coverage (mistake), so I got nothing from the insurance company on my fire. I sued the dealer who inspected the bus the day of the fire, the smog inspection people, the seller, and the mechanic who rebuilt the engine.<snip>

Wait a second... You're suing almost everyone in sight because you didn't want to spend the extra $$$ for comprehensive insurance coverage? As the owner of a vehicle, isn't it your responsibility to see to it's general condition and maintenance, no matter how long you've owned it?....

----[snip]---- Alan Bosch Presently: '92 Passat CL ...and there was/is a fire extinguisher in every bloody one of 'em...