Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (September 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Sep 1998 13:34:16 -0700
From:         Old Volks Home <jim@OLDVOLKSHOME.COM>
Subject:      Re: A/C Relay
Comments: To: ray.wei@us.pwcglobal.com
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

At 10:35 AM 9/28/98 -0500, you wrote: >My point is to get an original used VW Bosch A/C relays from juck yard if >you don't want to spend $50. I knew lots of Jetta/Golf A/C relays are >EXACTLY the same (same p/n) as Vanagon A/C relays. Like another member >pointed out, there are usually very reliable. I believe your $14 (or $9 >by another member) one may not be the original Bosch relay since the price >difference is too large. Getting a new relay is always a better idea but >I'd get the origianl Bosch, not the aftermarket one. An used Bosch relay >may even last longer than those. >My $0.02 >Yi-Ruey Wei >87 Vanagon GL Syncro w/78K miles >85 Jetta GLI w/165K miles >Dallas, Texas ******************************************* Please keep in mind that all of the relays I sell are ORIGINAL Bosch, Hella or Siemens relays, not the Japanese or Taiwanese crap other FLAPS are pushing these days. I refuse to sell junk. Many of the relays that are OVERPRICED at Volkswagen are the same jewels I can get and sell for considerably less than what VW gets.

In fact any Vanagon I have (and still) owned is mostly comprised of Hella and Siemens relays. I've yet to find a Bosch relay on these (with exception to the Glow Plug Relay on Diesels and the Combi-Relay on 80-83 Air Cooleds - most cases it is Bosch).

And yes I agree - get the ORIGINAL if at all possible. If the Bosch isn't available, the equivalent in Hella and Siemens is acceptable.

Jim Thompson 84 Westy 2.1 * 62 Sedan * 90 Fox Wagon Check out our latest cool stuff at: http://www.oldvolkshome.com ------------------------------------------- Check out the Odd, Weird, One of a Kind Items For Sale On the "OddBall Page" http://www.oldvolkshome.com/oddball.html ------------------------------------------- Sherwood Automotive * The Old Volks Home PO Box 176 * Palo Cedro, CA 96073-0176 (530) 221-5342 (Voice or Fax) jim@oldvolkshome.com jim96003@c-zone.net