Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 5 Oct 1998 11:58:19 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: Insurnace and  fire protection etc.
Comments: To: bgardner@ALUMNI.PRINCETON.EDU
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

What I have been doing is copying ALL advertisements that pass across the net, that are close to my van's description, that way I will have contact names and numbers of people who sold a van similar to my van, to show the insurance adjuster, or court.

Also, I talked to CAA about this, and If I get my van appraised - for whatever value - CAA will insure my van for that, if I get it appraised every year - CAA will keep that value current for me in my files. Maybe your insurance co. will do the same.

Remember, there are people running around in 1920 autos that are worth $100,000+ so if you think your van is like that, talk to your insurance co. and ask what can be done. - I did, and there is a way.

My 'problem' is that I paid CDN$10,000 for my 91 syncro westy and CAA has it listed as 'worth' CDN$16-18,000 so I'm already 'ahead'!!

Good luck, Malcolm S