Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 9 Oct 1998 07:48:45 -0700
From:         Vanman <mckayaa@OIT.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Uh-oh, won't start
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.com

I have had the same experience, And so did my dad. We have an 85 and an 84 GL. Try crawling underneath with a long screwdriver and a hammer and hitting the silenoid on the starter. If this doesn't work, have somebody crank on the engine at the same time. If it starts, then the solenoid is to fault and a new / reman starter assembly is needed. If none of this works, then I do not know. The alternator light is no big deal and should be unrelated to the starting problem, just give it a slight rev and it will charge. An alternator shop told me that this was normal for all alternators. -----Original Message----- From: Marcus Elia <Marcus_Elia@PCBE.EDU.ON.CA> To: Vanagon@VANAGON.COM <Vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Thursday, October 08, 1998 4:42 PM Subject: Uh-oh, won't start