Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 12 Oct 1998 11:56:31 -0400
From:         Michael Sullivan <sullivan@OPENMARKET.COM>
Subject:      Re: FilmStar for 86-91 Digifant VW Transporter?
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Dear List,

Seems that Milford's FilmStar upgrade for Digifants "may" work (read the below message)-- anyone want to take the ball and run with it? How 'bout it Kyle? I think this would be an awesome addition to your chip/rocker combo!

Cheers,

MJS

>> From: Michael Sullivan <<sullivan@OpenMarket.COM>

>> To: auto-amd@auto-amd.com

>> Subject: Re: FilmStar for 86-91 Digifant VW Transporter?

>> Date: 09 October 1998 05:52

>> Dear Jan,

>> Digifant ECU# = 025-906-022 with D suffix if a late Bosch-made

>> unit. Comes apparently in 3 varieties but all are interchangeable and

>> functionally equivalent with the stock parts.

>> Does this help?

>Dear Michael

>Yes, the VW number gave us something to go on. We've found that the D

>suffix makes it (according to the Bosch bible) a Bosch 0261 200 284 or 285

>ECU, which they say is found on the 2.1 watercooled engine, '87-'92

>manufacture, and with lambda/cat. In theory, the chip itself should bear

>the number 1267 355 ...

>We don't have that engine over here, so we don't know if the maps we have

>put into FilmStar will suit your engine. The only way round this is to

>appoint a dealer/fitting centre in the U.S.A, one familiar with mapping

>procedures, who could fit and re-map FilmStar (there is software available

>for this). Any ideas?

>Also, the air mass sensor we provide has a 70mm diameter, so we'd need to

>know if your existing air flap has a 70mm join to the hose/throttle (some

>cars, e.g Porsche, have 80mm).

>The only other option if you want a bit more power is to re-chip. We can

>send you an appropriate chip if you have some means of downloading the

>contents and emailing it to us.

>Cheers

>Jan

<bold>Michael J. Sullivan

</bold><italic>Director of Catalog Design

Open Market, Inc.

</italic>

work: http://www.openmarket.com

play: http://www.hsdesign.com