Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Oct 1998 09:46:41 -0700
From:         Randy Bergum <organslave@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: oil leak found? (oil cooler)
Comments: To: mac stricklen <mac_stricklen@YAHOO.COM>
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I have the same problem right now! My oil cooler - a liquid to liquid heat exchanger - is leaking from the back side. Went to the dealer to get an O-Ring, and just in case, picked up the 2 small hoses that connect with it and a new oil cooler to boot. After crawling under the car I realized that there would be lots of coolant raining down on the head, and this would be a job for the mechanic. The cooler itself is easy to replace, but once you open the cooling system, be prepared to fill and bleed. Needless to say, the van goes in tomorrow for the repair. Mechanic man says that the cooler is most likely the cause of oil leaks, he says that they warp! Best of luck............. Randy Bergum organslve@earthlink.net