Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 16 Oct 1998 17:18:59 -0600
From:         BILL <billv2@PRODIGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: cold start problems??
Comments: To: Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO>, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I use Castrol 10W30 in the winter till the temp drops below -10 and stays there. Then I put Castrol 5W30 for temps -10 to -40. There are days here where the HIGH temp is -32 degrees F. My bus doesn't like the minus temps so I have a plate heater (made for the Vanagon) installed on the bottom of the motor. I plug it in at home and at work. This keeps the oil warmer and MUCH easier to start. My Westy gets parked for the winter, but the GL keeps on going... Well, at -32 even the GL says NO (unless garaged). I only buy Interstate batteries as well because they have the CCA as advertised! Most others don't.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Bill '85 GL [*Magic*Bus*] '82 Westy [FreeBird] ...cause I'm as free as a bird now... Big Sky Country ---Ronnie Van Zant <>< ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

-----Original Message----- From: Per Lindgren <lindgre@ONLINE.NO> To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM <vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Friday, October 16, 1998 6:36 AM Subject: Re: cold start problems??