Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Oct 1998 20:37:10 +0200
From:         Helmut Zeidler <Helmut_Zeidler@NOTESMAIL.NOKIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Ordering Parts from VAG
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

>I don't know if any one has tried >this or if it will even work but I >called Volkswagen of America to find >out if I can order various parts >from outside the US. The customer >relations rep didn't know but gave me >the number of Volkswagen in Germany >customer relations and said they >should let me order the parts I want >through them and ship them to my >house. Its too late in the day for >them to answer so I am going to try >Monday. Having late shift I'm still sitting in my office, very quiet around. I'm sure you can't order parts directly from VW factory Hannover. They will redirect you to VAG garages around.

>The number is011-49-53-61-90. The >rep here said they have an >English line so this might be the way >to go to get those South African >parts we all covet. I tried to get SA parts (the 85 liter tank)in Germany, from VAG, with little success. Just one out of twenty VAG shops could help me, but on an incredible high price.

I called VW of South Africa (factory) to gather information and to order parts, but they also redirected me to local suppliers. Addresses they have on their web site. None of the suppliers I asked answered on e-mail, none to faxes I sent. Other German voices I heard reported same. I still hope for some help from our SA list members.

By the way, VW Hannover and VW of South Africa gave me great support and sent reliable information, even if it took some time.

Regards Helmut '80 Vanagaudi