Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 23 Oct 1998 16:23:57 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: No more spelling error lists PLEASE!
Comments: To: vanagon@vanagon.com

Traditionally (and I use that term to mean back when G. Skerbitz was running the list), Friday postings were allowed to be fun and light-hearted, as long as they related to vanagons. The subject line of these posts were to include some sort of "warning" such as "/F", "friday funnies", etc. to allow those who didn't want them to filter them out of their mailbox.

If this tradition is still observed, and as long as the spelling error lists relate to vanagons and are posted on Fridays, then they are kosher.

Considering the amount of off-topic subjects discussed during this week (vegamite, marmite, spam, "rednecks", parts/advice for other vehicles), complaining about spelling error post seems a bit churlish.

Of course, if the spelling errors are NOT vanagon related...

Sincerely,

alistair (who wishes Unca Joel would favour us with a song)