Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Oct 1998 15:18:08 -0400
From:         Malcolm Stebbins <MSTEBBIN@MSVU1.MSVU.CA>
Subject:      Re: LP Tank & FI Blues
Comments: To: Chris Smith <chris.smith@AQUILA.COM>
Comments: cc: vanagon@vanagon.com

In addition to what is said below, In my 86ish French Westy, it had, stock, a BBQ type propane tank installed under the sink in the cabinet, less storage space, but it worked just fine and I had a small tank for reserve. Note, the stepped floor and shelf (under the sink) will come out to allow for more room for the tank. check the archives for replacement tanks.

Here is part of a 21 May list email that might help:

> Here is what I've found out so far in my search, in Canada, for a > NEW propane tank for my '87 Westy. Local RV place can get one from > Manchester Tank and their price is $468. VW wants $900. OWASCO in > Whitby, On. has an aftermarket one for $400. That's it that's all > for now. Cheers Frank > * Frank Condelli * Almonte, Ontario, Canada * > * ad793@Freenet.carleton.ca * > '87 VW Westy, '69 MGB & Lionel Trains > http://members.aol.com/RAlanen/index.html

Hope this helps. Malcolm S