Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:19:25 -0600
From:         Rob Wright <wright@APS.ANL.GOV>
Subject:      Re: aux heater blowing smoke
Comments: To: pburton@WILMINGTON.NET
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

If the heater is smoking it could be running to rich,the Bentley book talks about adjusting this.When you cleaned the heater did you clean the spark/glow plug? they get dirty and mat not be firing correctly.Also something the manual doesn't talk about is the points that fire the spark/glowplug,located on the back of the combustion blower under metal cover,and there is a set on the front of the blower only open and close every 33rd revolution which fires the fuel pump.either of these can get corroded and not fire correctly.But i would check the fuel pump first,follow the Bentley procedure and then check the spark and points.

Rob Wright 82 westy mercedes 300td-t