Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Oct 1998 12:01:11 -0600
From:         Colin Moran <cmoran@CSWNET.COM>
Subject:      Re: Location long

Hello Fello Listees, Boy its been awhile since I made a post to the list itself. So I guess to avoid being labled a lurker I need to respond to something.

So here goes, I'm Colin Moran. I live in the beautiful state of Arkansas. I am married with 3 sons age 7,9, and 10. My '86 syncro GL is the first VW I have owned. I bought it in Alaska while stationed at Elmendorf AFB near Anchorage. I had a '90 S-10 Blazer, pending the birth of our third son, the blazer was not going to be big enough. I wanted somthing larger with 4 wheel drive. I found the Vanagon on a chevy dealers lot, it had just been traded in, It was a single owner van with 58,000 miles on it. I did'nt realize at first glance that it was a VW. I agreed to drive it at the salesmans insistance. He realy like it and drove it home at night. I was very suprised at how it handled and drove. Ture it was under powered but it was still alot of fun to drive. I was hooked. I traded in my S-10 and bought the van. The Syncro drove better through the snow better than the S-10. I had town and country mud and snow tires with studs on the S-10. The van had BF Goodrich T/A's on it. When I seperated form the Air Force after 10 yrs I drove the van down the Alcan highway. It was a journy to I've not regreted my purchase of the van in seven years. The van has 203,000 miles on it, except for the small problems common to Vanagons it has been a joy to maintain. I still have'nt replaced the engine in the van. It spun a bearing back in July. I have'nt had time to work on it. I realy miss my van. I am employed as an industrial control technician. I work for ITT industries, we make stainless steel fuel lines for Ford trucks. We also make brake lines for Ford, BMW, Chrysler, and Saturn. We make coolent lines for Nissan. I have been working overtime since last November. I average between 60 and 80 hours a week. I hope that soon the overtime will end. I have alot of work to do around my house and property. I have 12 1/2 acres just west of Beebe AR. Beebe is 35 miles north of Little Rock. We keep a couple of horses here mostly just to look at righ now. I don;t have time to ride them anymore. My wife Lisa works as a bank teller.

I seem to have rambled on enough for now, if anyone needs any help while traveling Arkansas, please feel free to contact me. I will help in any way I can.

Colin Moran