Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 26 Oct 1998 21:52:43 -0500
From:         "Anthony L. Mourkas" <frankenstein@TELPLUS.NET>
Subject:      Re: wind noise

>It turns out, on mine at least, the window channel on the support separating >the roll down window from the wing vent is too wide. If I push out the >window against the channel the noise goes away. So I roll up my toll booth >ticket and stick it between the window and window channel. And then the >ticket blows away when I open the window, and they want maximum toll. >Actually that never happened, but it could!!

On my 81 Vanagon this seal in the channel described above had deteriorated and was a source of wind noise. I "renewed" this seal by placing some black duct tape along the length of the inside sealing surface of this window channel and pulling it outward and smoothing it against and the window frame. The black color of the tape matched the color of the sealing surface and window frame and was not noticeable at a quick glance. The tape on the inside of the window channel created a tighter seal against the glass and all but eliminated the wind noise. You might want to give this a try, worked for me!

Tony

Anthony L. Mourkas Hampden, Maine, USA 1984 Vanagon Westfalia