Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Oct 1998 01:27:03 PST
From:         dan eggert <ddegg@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Possible 81' vanagon for sale.
Comments: To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hello everyone,

I am thinking about selling my 81' vanagon and would like to see what kind of offers that I might get for it. Vitals: School bus yellow (fresh paint job). 1981 vanagon passenger van made for traveling -Storage and sleeping. Wooden bumpers and no grill. 179,000 miles. Maintenance history: around 171,000 new clutch and cv joints either worked on or replaced. 172,000 new pistons and rings installed. 175,000 new front callipers, rotters, and some lines on the front brakes. soon to have new fuel pump, fuel lines, weber dual 34s, 009 distributor with compu-fire ignition. Rust removed on 90% of the body and fresh paint. Known problems: no EGR valve no cat outer housing of heat exchangers are rusted through. No Heat! no radio Since I have owned the van at around 173,000 miles, the only problems that I have had that have left me at the side of the road is point failure. It consumes very little oil, maybe a 1/3 of a quart in 3,000 miles and drips about three drops a night. Like I said, I am thinking about selling it, if you have an offer or are up on the going prices on vw's please get back to me with a price. Thank you,

Eggert