Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Oct 1998 17:49:15 -0500
From:         mike and becky <mayfly95@PAONLINE.COM>
Subject:      Re: Proud New Owner needs roof rack tips
Comments: To: Christine Castigliano <ccastigliano@SPRINTMAIL.COM>
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Hi Christine!

Congrats on your new van! If it is a westy you shouldn't carry 4x8 sheets off plywood on the roof. According to Yakima the most weight it can support is 2 bikes and skis. There system is large enough to carry plywood but would probably crack the fiberglass top. A non westy would be fine with a thule or yakima rack I would think. Info as per Yakima's fit catalog and conversations with the company regarding my own rack transfer from a non westy to a westy.

Mike 87 Wolf 87 Westy 89 Jetta

Harrisburg PA