Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 28 Oct 1998 19:38:05 -0800
From:         Mark Drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Any pilot bearing tricks ??
Comments: To: Racer X <akimmons@PDQ.NET>, Vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I purchased a valve lifter removal tool at Pep Boys and it worked perfectly on the three pilot bearings I changed this summer. The end expands when tightened and there is a slide hammer built in.

As for VW tool numbers, here in So Cal there are so many VW repair shops that the Snap-On and Matco tool trucks stock many of the VW tools. The Matco guy looks up the number in his catalogue and orders it in a couple of days if it's not in his truck. I have his beeper number so if I'm stuck without a tool and he's got it, he comes over pretty quick. Of course, professional tools ain't cheap.

Mark Drillock