Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Oct 1998 01:43:37 -0500
From:         EMZ <vw4x4@FYI.NET>
Subject:      Re: Overheating 2.1L Questions
Comments: To: Paul Kirsch <PKirsch461@AOL.COM>
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Check for compression leaking into the cooling system. Also check for vacuum leaks. Make sure the engine oil is not over filled. Lastly The cooling system must be bleed completely to stabilize the temp. Running it for up to 4 weeks without ever opening the system maybe nessasary. This will force the ssytem to automaticly bleed the last bit of air out.

Eric 86-VW4x4 vw4x4@fyi.net 72-240z Pittsburgh, PA USA 1936-Chrysler