Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:31:34 -0500
From:         "Joe L." <jliasse@EMAIL.MSN.COM>
Subject:      Re: Refrigirator removal and Haynes/Bentley manuals
Comments: To: Wes Neuenschwander <wesn@ESKIMO.COM>, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I have heard of doing this from several sources. Mostly RV magazine maintenance articles. The theory is that the mixture in there can separate into its components like a salid dressing. If the fridge is used regularly the normal circulation during use keeps everything well mixed but if it has been a while (no defination for "while") since it was lit off the mixture needs to be agitated some before it will work at peak efficiency. I don't know how true this is but as I saw no harm in trying it I did it myself the last time I had the fridge out except I only did it for one day. There WAS a noticable improvement in performance but wether this is attributable to standing it upside down or to the other cleaning chores I did I cannot say. Let me say that I have not the slightest idea of how these things work. It is possible that Wes is totally correct and that it was only by sheer luck that I did not do damage to my unit. Being the paranoid type I am going to take his advice and check this out before I take things apart again next spring.

-----Original Message----- From: Wes Neuenschwander <wesn@ESKIMO.COM> To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM <vanagon@VANAGON.COM> Date: Friday, October 30, 1998 11:14 AM Subject: Re: Refrigirator removal and Haynes/Bentley manuals