Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Oct 1998 14:04:15 -0500
From:         Jim Fritz <jfritz@DECORAH.K12.IA.US>
Subject:      Re: Best way to break into a vanagon?
Comments: To: John Brush <jbrush@AROS.NET>, vanagon <vanagon@VANAGON.COM>

Re: Best way to break into a vanagon? 10/30/98 John, My 7 year old daughter proved you can do it on my 89 GL. She was showing her little friends (on the first day we owned it) our new "camper", got the keys from me to unlock it, and then proceeded to lock the doors with the keys laying on the back seat of the van. It only came with one set and I was leaving in less than an hour to have another couple of sets made :-( The driver side requires a key but the passenger side only requires you to push the button down and close the door. Which is exactly what she did. The towing company opened it up just like has already been explained on this thread. Thanks to AAA for picking up the tab..... Jim 91 Passat GL 89 Westy 66 Beetle

John Brush wrote: >Helmut Zeidler wrote: >> >> Oh, there is a little trick, will cost just a sealing. >> >> I do not go into details on internet, but if you can >> send me an application, that you really own a >> Vanagon, I will send you a sketch how to prevent >> this kind of breaking into a Vanagon. But be patient, >> I'm on vacation next three weeks. > > >I still don't see how one can lock the keys in a Vanagon. I can't close >the door on my 81 and have it stay locked. I need the keys to actually >lock it all up. > >I always thought VW's were all like that. <quizzical look> > >Regards, > >John > >1981 in West Valley City, Utah, USA

[text/html]