Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (October 1998, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:14:23 -0800
From:         "David W. Palmerston" <DPalmerston@HELI-CAL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Euro-Drive: 89 Volkswagen VANAGON, Hesitation
Comments: To: Ari Ollikainen <Ari@OLTECO.COM>, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

What you are describing sounds very similar to a problem that would occur on my 88 when I didn't have a tuneup recently. The mechanic claimed to be doing nothing that would "fix" this sort of problem, but it did, everytime I took it into his shop for a "tune" it would come out and run nicely at startup for a few weeks...

My solution: The mechanic would add a bottle of Chevron "Techron" to my gas which would clean the injectors and allow proper cold operation! So, I've been using Techron (or more recently the Amway (ugh) additive) to keep my injectors clean and no more problem... Your mileage may vary, but this fixed my problems.....

I don't cotton for much in the Amway arena, but found that it did an even better job than Techron for less money and the bottles last for 12 tankfuls each!

David W. Palmerston VP Technology Helical Products Company, Inc. PO Box 1069 Santa Maria, CA 93456-1069 USA TEL:(805)928-3851 FAX:(805)928-2369 NET:DPalmerston@Heli-Cal.com http:www.heli-cal.com 1998 VW Passat GLS 1.8tms Windsor Blue/Grey