Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Nov 1998 10:43:06 -0800
From:         Randy Bergum <organslave@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: headlights
Comments: To: "Philip Hanson (Volt Computer)" <a-phanso@MICROSOFT.COM>
Comments: cc: vanagon@VANAGON.COM

I replaced my headlights with Hella rectangular units for $40.00 each. A bracket was required to mount them, and a small extra wiring harness to retain the stock harness plug. All parts were made from chrome-moly steel, and the harness from the junkyard for a few bucks. You need to weld or braze the bracket, and trim the front grille away a little bit, but overall it's not bad. The beam patterns are really useful, with the euro cutoff on low. I have pictures and plots if anyone is interested. Randy