Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 5 Nov 1998 23:21:30 -0800
From:         davidson <davidson@SIERRA.NET>
Subject:      Re: Refrigerator Pump Mod.
Comments: To: "Mitch A.Miller" <mmiller@NETEZE.COM>, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Mitch, I have lived in the Lake Tahoe area for 10 years, but I don't drive my 90 Westy Syncro in the winter. So I can't help you much with how it handles in snow and ice. (I can tell you I sure wouldn't want to be doing donuts in a van.) But having lots of experience with snow and ice my suggestion is this: BE CAREFUL on snow and ice! If you haven't driven it in snow and ice, I suggest you at least pick a time to come up here when it's not storming. Driving is always more treacherous in a storm. With ANY vehicle. The folks who live up here pretty much stay out of town on the stormy weekends for two reasons: 1. Snow and ice is treacherous to drive in no matter what you drive, no matter how much experience you have driving in it. 2. If there is one thin on the road that is even more treacherous than snow and ice, it is TOURISTS. They don't know how to drive in it. Especially in a storm. Good Luck. Bill

---------- > From: Mitch A.Miller <mmiller@NETEZE.COM> > To: vanagon@VANAGON.COM > Subject: Refrigerator Pump Mod. > Date: Friday, October 30, 1998 5:33 AM > > Mitchell Miller 1984 Westy camper First, I want to thank all the > people for their suggestions on getting my refrigerator to work on gas > but all efforts have failed. I haven't taken it out yet. To bad because > it was just out two days ago when the body repair shop had to gut my van > to repair the BIG dent my wife of 15+ years put in it when she ran into > it the first morning I had it, but that's another story. Anyway has any > body tried the pump modification in the R. Bentley book chapter 76.26 > the pump on my refrigerator seems to do very little, maybe this will > help? I tried to use the search mode in the Archives but I had no luck, > probably not it's fault. P.S. all the info on the heaters has been a big > help! I'm going to install one of them asap. Also I'm planning a few > trips to Tahoe this ski season and would like to know what to expect as > far as handling in the snow and ice. Again thanks Mitchell 84