Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 6 Nov 1998 22:08:36 -0800
From:         t bill <tbil@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: run for the border
Comments: To: "Seth C. Bruggeman" <scbrug@MAIL.WM.EDU>, vanagon@VANAGON.COM

Good grief man! Relax! It's not like you are running a van full of dope, guns and money!

TBill

---"Seth C. Bruggeman" <scbrug@MAIL.WM.EDU> wrote: > > I live in Virginia and am heading to Maryland this weekend to buy an '84 > Westy. The problem is, Maryland apparently doesn't issue new/temp tags on > Saturdays. Unfortunately, this is the only weekend I can make the trip and > am, anyhow, desperate for wheels. The guy I'm buying from isn't cool about > lending me his tags for a day. Therefore, I'm taking the plate of my old > Pa-registered Toyota to put on the van for the trip back (better than no > plate at all, right...???). The trip back will last for about 3.5 hours > and I'm worried about a pull over and its implications (probobly be the > only time in my life I get pulled over). So, can anyone think of a better > plan or have any idea what the penalty is for this sort of fiasco? > > Seth B. > > p.s. I will have insurance for the van, but no documentation....being that > I just made the call today... >