Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (November 1998, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 10 Nov 1998 17:48:21 -0000
From:         Malcolm White <M.White@SNI.CO.UK>
Subject:      Propex and Tyres/Wheels
Comments: To: "vanagon@vanagon.com" <vanagon@vanagon.com>

Apologies if I'm flogging an old thread, but I need to buy some replacement wheels for my Vanagon and plan to fit 225/75x15 BFG AT tyres (it's a Syncro, and 215's are difficult to find in the UK/Ireland)). Does anyone have any experience of the offset I would need to clear the body/radius arms? I assume that the Audi ET42 would be pushing it? I've seen the web page http://www.volkswagen.org/Vanagon/Wheels/ and assume that I should be really looking for an offset of 20mm or so? Will this mean an aftermarket wheel or are there any OEM wheels with 112mm PCD and 20mm offset?

Changing the (tired) subject, I've just bought a bare Propex 1600 heater for the Syncro (from a boat owvner!) and need a vent kit and wiring (thermostat etc). Would a standard fridge vent do the job or is there something special about the Propex vent? Lastly, are there any thermostat kits that I could use with the Propex or would a standard domestic wall thermostat do the job. What current does the Propex require? Are there any Propex users that have automatic warm-up timers fitted so that their van is warmed up in the early mornings or is this not possible?

Thanks, Malcolm.